- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Accommodation with full board
- Luggage transport: Mules and muleteers
- Professional Mountain Guide
- Transport and transfers from and to Marrakech
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Meals in Marrakech (about 15 to 20 € per meal)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- The ascent of Toubkal (4167m), the highest point in North Africa
- The high mountain atmosphere and the highest villages of the Atlas
- An Overnight in Refuge of Toubkal
- Enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the high atlas and explore the quite life of the Berbers
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Marrakech - Imlil - Toubkal Refuge
In the early morning, short transfer to Imlil where we meet the (s) muleteer (s). We start our hike by a beautiful climb to the village of Aremd, terraced crops, irrigation canals, then by marabout Sidi Chemharouch, to reach the Toubkal refuge at 3100m. 5 hours of walking. Night in a shelter.
Toubkal Refuge (3100 M) - Ascent of Toubkal (4167m) - Back to Refuge
The ascent of the highest peak in North Africa is without major difficulty. Departure at the earliest to enjoy the freshness of the morning. From where summit of Toubkal (4167m) the sight carries far, we can see the massif of Siroua, as well as the plain of Marrakech. Descent and return. Tea and lunch at the refuge, afternoon free. 3H for the climb. 2H30 for the descent.
Refuge of Toubkal - Imlil -Marrakech
After breakfast, we descend very slowly by the same mule track to the marabout Sidi Chemharouch (2250m), a revered saint, renowned for the care of spiritual diseases (King of the Devils), under a rock painted white, lunch at Imlil 1750 m. 4 hours of descent then around 1 pm, return to Marrakech. Duration: 4H walk / 1H20 drive.