- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air conditioned Minivan or 4WD
- Bottled water during the tour
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each)
- Half-Board accommodations in selected hotels and Riads
- Official art historian guide during the tour
- Overnight in desert camp dinner and breakfast included
- Professional driver
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Discover the deep culture and traditions of the local people
- Cross the 3 big channels of Atlas Mountains: Middle atlas, anti-atlas and high atlas
- Ride camel and enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes
- Enjoy a romantic dinner in desert camp under the stars in Merzouga
- Explore the gorgeous gorges and canyons of Ziz valey, Dades and Todra
- Discover the beautiful architecture of the UNESCO Kasbah
- Go through the dry rivers and green palm groves
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Fes - Middle Atlas - Ifrane - Azrou - Merzouga desert
We will pick you up from your riad / hotel then drive south towards Ifrane and Azrou through the Middle Atlas Mountains. Along the way we will stop at the cedar forests to see Barbary monkeys in their natural habitat. Traveling through the Tizi Ntalghamt pass to Midelt and along the magnificent Gorges of Ziz carved into the volcanic rock, you will see a view of the Middle-Atlas plateau and the change of revealing hints of the desert scenery as you approach the town of Errachidia. After lunch we will continue our journey through the Ziz valley to Erfoud, Rissani and Merzouga. After a glass of mint tea, we will take a camel ride to a Berber camp in the middle of the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, which are the highest dunes of North Africa. The camel trek takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the camp. During the ride you will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the golden dunes. After dinner we will gather around the fire and enjoy the sound of traditional Berber drums under the stars.
Merzouga - Gorges of todra – Valley of dades - Valley of roses
Wake up early to see the sunrise then enjoy your breakfast; ride camels back to your hotel and get ready for a new day full of adventures. We will start in Rissani, we will have a visit to Zawiya Moulay Ali Ash-Sharif and we can also investigate the Souk (local market), then continue our way to Tineghir via Erfoud "the capital of fossil and marble". You will be able to visit the Khatarat (irrigation canal) on our route. Our next stop is in Tinejdad or Tineghir where you can have lunch. Later, we will continue the road along the river to reach the gorges where you can have a short walk, through this extraordinary place, while enjoying the views of high rock faces (up to 300 meters). Afterwards, we head towards Boumalne Du Dades and then to the gorge where you will have time to explore the Dades gorges and see its rock formations "human bodies, the fingers of the monkeys". Dinner and overnight in Kasbah or Hotel in Dades Valley.
Rose Valley - Skoura - Ouarzazate - kasbah Ait ben Hadou - Marrakech
After breakfast we will drive through the Dades Valley towards Kalaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the street of a thousand kasbahs, offers numerous photo opportunities. We will visit the Roses valley and the village of Skoura and continue to Ouarzazate, "the Hollywood of Africa"; Lunch at a local restaurant near the famous Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, the largest Kasbah in Morocco. After visiting this UNESCO World Heritage site, our journey will continue through the majestic Tizi nTichka pass to reach an altitude of 2260 m above the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the beautiful views and visit the Argan oil cooperative. And then, continue to arrive in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
NB: We suggest:
- Standard Tours: including Official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected 3 stars hotels and Riads, Standard desert camp at the desert
- Luxury Tours: including official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected Luxury hotel and Riads, luxury desert camp.