- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air conditioned Minivan or 4WD
- Bottled water during the tour
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each)
- Overnight in desert camp dinner and breakfast included
- Professional driver
- Half-board accommodations in selected hotels and Kasbahs
- Official art historian guide
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Meet the Barbary monkeys in the cedar forest of Azrou
- Explore the gorges and palm grove of Toudra
- Ride camel and enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes
- Enjoy a romantic dinner in desert camp under the stars in Merzouga
- Explore the green palm of Ziz valley
- Enjoy the beautiful landscapes along the road fom fes to Merzouga
- Cross the middle atlas and high atlas and explore the hidden berber villages
- Meet local people and discover their culture
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Fez - Ifrane - Azrou - Erfoud - Merzouga
We will pick you up at At 8 o'clock in the morning at your hotel and head for Merzouga crossing the Middle Atlas mountain range that extends 350 kilometers from the southwest to the northwest of the country. On the way we will pass through towns like Ifrane, known as the small "Moroccan Switzerland" for the architecture of their houses, and Azrou, one of the most famous Berber cities of Morocco where we will meet the wild Barbary apes. We will cross the Valley and the Ziz Gorges and we will stop for lunch at Midelt. And then, continue to Erfoud where we will take a desert track until we reach Merzouga. We will spend the night in a hotel next to the big dunes.
Enjoying the Merzouga Desert
The second day dedicates to enjoy the most spectacular part of the Eastern Sahara. We will enter the desert in the 4X4, visit nomadic villages, see oasis and ride through the dunes of Erg Chebbi. Following the route we will visit the famous village of gnawa in Khamlia, where the black people live, originally slaves from Africa, and we will enjoy their amazing folk music.
After lunch we will return to the hotel to take the camels that will take us to enjoy the beautiful sunset over the dunes and enjoy a special night at the Berber camp in the heart of the dunes.
Rissani - Valle Del Ziz - Middle Atlas - Fez
The last day begins with an unforgettable image, the sunrise in the desert. After sunrise we will take the camels back to the hotel, where we will have breakfast and take a shower.
On the way back to Fez we will pass through Tafilalt, Rissani (origin of the Alauí dynasty and ancient capital of the Alaouis sultans), after the visit of the great old souks we will continue to Fes through Azrou and Ifrane. In the national park of Azrou we will stop again in the forest of the monkeys to observe them and even feed them. We will arrive in Fez at the late afternoon.
NB: We suggest:
- Standard Tours: including Official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected 3 stars hotels and Riads, Standard desert camp at the desert
- Luxury Tours: including official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected Luxury hotel and Riads, luxury desert camp.