- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air conditioned Minivan or 4WD
- Bottled water during the tour
- Overnight in desert camp dinner and breakfast included
- Professional driver
- Half-board accommodations in selected hotels and Kasbahs
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each)
- Official art historian guide
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Drive through the atlas mountains and explore the hidden villages
- Enjoy a traditional dinner under the stars
- Take the secondary roads through the Dades Canyon
- Ride through the High Atlas Mountains
- Discover the famous Kasbah Aït-Ben-Haddou
- Cross the dunes of Erg Chebbi on the back of a camel
- Enjoy the beautiful palm grove of Draa valley and a drive along the track of Paris Dakka
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Marrakech - Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou - Ouarzazate
Leaving Marrakech at 8:00 in the morning and after picking up wherever you are, we will leave for Ouarzazate. On the way we will cross the High Atlas through the amazing Tizi n'Tichka pass 2,260 meters high. Shortly after crossing the Atlas we will take a track to visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, an incredible fortified city of more than 300 years old, where many international famous fils whot like: Gladiator or The Kingdom of the Skies. At the end of the visit an after lunch, we will go to Ouarzazate, where you can visit the film studios and spend the first night.
Ouarzazate - Agdez - Draa Valley - Tazarine – Desert Sahara (track of Paris - Dakar)
After breakfast and visiting the Kasbah Taourirt, we will leave in the direction of Zagora crossing the Anti Atlas Mountains and passing by the Tizi n Tinifift port, at 1,600 meters high. We will continue driving through the Draa Valley by a track we will see various Berber and Kasbah villages in its interior. Leaving behind the villages N'kob, Tarazine and Alnif, we will take another track that crosses lost villages until we reach the town of Ramlia. Many of these sections are those that are covered during the Dakar Rally. We will end the day sleeping in a Kasbah in the middle of nowhere or in ahotel at the foot of the dunes.
Merzouga - Erg Chebbi - Merzouga
This will be a stage where, after having breakfast, we will cross more solitary villages, we will cross uadis (dry riverbeds), oasis and the dunes of Ouzina. Following the route we will visit the well-known village of Khamlia, descendant of the slaves that arrived from Africa, and you will be able to enjoy their amazing folk music. From Khamlia we will take the road towards Erg Chebbi, the highest dunes in Morocco. We go through another of the tracks used in the "Rally Paris-Dakar" visiting nomads of the desert with whom we will have tea and see the oasis where some movies were filmed as "Sahara", starring Penelope Cruz. In the afternoon, you will take a new adventure on dromedaries; they will take us to the desert of dunes to contemplate an unforgettable sunset. This night will be special; we will sleep in the dunes in nomad tents (Khaima), as the Berbers do. Here we will enjoy a Berber dinner, music and a starry sky like you have never seen before. Dinner and accommodation in unforgettable nomadic tent.
Merzourga - Rissani - The Gorges of Todra - Dades Valley
After seeing the amazing sunrise in the desert, we will take the camels back to hotel so you can shower and refresh. Once cleared, we will leave in the direction of Rissani, origin of the Alauí dynasty and first imperial city of Morocco. We will take the road towards Erfoud, rich in black stone and marine fossils (if you want, we can stop at a fossil factory) and arrive at the Palmeral de Tafilalet. We will visit the Gorges of Roda and arrive at the Dades Valley, where we will spend the fourth night.
Dades Valley – Rose valley - Skoura - Marrakech
Leaving behind the Dades Valley along the route of the "Thousand Kasbahs", we will pass through the amazing Valley of Roses and arrive at the palm grove of Skoura, where the most famous kasbah of the area is located. From this point we will start the way back to Marrakech and we will have lunch before heading back to Marrakech through the same road of the high atlas and tichka pass.
NB: We suggest:
- Standard Tours: including Official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected 3 stars hotels and Riads, Standard desert camp at the desert
- Luxury Tours: including official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected Luxury hotel and Riads, luxury desert camp.
During this Tours You will join the desert camp on the back of camels after a camel ride of about 2 hours which will allow you to enjoy a beautiful sunset behind the dunes of Erg chebbi. Evening at the bivouac settled in feet of the sand under the stars.